Why not create a fun and cute apron to wear when baking those Valentine’s Day Sweets?! Scroll below for a quick and easy tutorial on how to make this apron out of Dunroven House tea towels!
- 1 – Dunroven House Solid Tea Towel for the body
- 1-2 Dunroven House Patterned Tea Towels for the body and embellishments
- DMC Embroidery Thread to match your color choice
- Fabric Glue (for a no sew option)
- Ribbon or twill tape for ties (we used Dunroven House Cotton Twill tape in white)
Lay out the towel of choice for body. Fold in the top two corners and pin down. This will be the top of the apron, or bib.
Measure out the ribbon for your neck loop. (our loop measures 16″ long)
Sew down flap and ends of ribbon for the neck loop.
Measure, cut and sew ribbon for back ties. (our ties measure 30″ each)
Take the tea towel of choice for the pocket and measure to the size and type of pocket you wish to have. (we measured 17″ W x 7″ H)
Cut and sew the sides and bottom. If you choose to have a wide two pocket panel across the bottom, sew a seam down the middle.
Take the towel meant for your heart appliques and cut out the sizes and shapes you wish to use.
*Suggested Tip- Use paper templates before you cut.
You can use fabric glue or sew in the hearts depending on your level of expertise.
Blanket stitch the hearts on your apron front
Step Five (optional):
Embroider or applique on your name to personalize!